Are you frustrated and upset about diets that don’t work?
Confused about what is healthy food for healthy weight?
SBS recently aired this episode on Insight; ‘Fat fighters’. It aptly demonstrates that healthy weight is a controversial issue. We have the statistics to demonstrate that being overweight has health risks and weight loss is not easy. That no specific diet works better than another for short term weight loss, and is not the answer to long term healthy weight. We just need to eat healthy? What does that mean amongst all of today’s health messages and dieting hype?
The best evidence about achieving sustainable healthy weight comes from the American Heart Association. It states that people should set achievable, individual, specific goals and self-monitor their progress toward attaining these goals in a supportive environment.
What this means is that we need to:
- Be health literate (learn about good health from quality sources without an agenda),
- Have a plan for healthy eating
- Follow up with support
Book Now to take control, be empowered, have a plan & support to achieve your goals.
Would you like further information about what the quality research says?
- Lifestyle programmes that include healthy eating, exercise and health education improve well-being, weight loss and improve reproductive functioning.
- One diet type is not best – the key is to develop a food plan that suites the individual. The research demonstrates that low carb or low-calorie weight loss plans do not demonstrate significant difference in long term weight change.
- Atallah, Long-term effects of 4 popular diets on weight loss & cardiovascular risk factors: a systematic review of RTC, American heart association, 2014
- Schwingshackl, Impact of long-term lifestyle programs on weight loss and cardiovascular risk factors in overweight/obese participants: a systematic review and network meta-analysis, 2014
What is your tipping point? At what point do the challenges to your health become significant enough for you to decide to care for yourself, make a positive change for health, and prioritise yourself?
This weekend is a gift of spring, an opportunity to nourish ourselves and infuse joy into a moment in time. Gather with Women in a calm, joyous and peaceful place to share skills about being the best women we can be, and return home filled with support, and a personal plan to be well and stay well.
Myself and seven women who are both local and from all over Australia will be sharing our expertise in health in our specific fields. Our aim is to give you the motivation and tools to make positive change that is personalised and relevant for you right now. It will be informative, fun and relaxed in a place of rare natural beauty – the perfect weekend away with women.
I will discuss the evidence based therapies for stress management and optimising energy levels: this includes food, lifestyle and interventions such as natural therapies, followed by a workshop to create a personal, manageable plan that you can take home and implement.
Once vitality is improved, we will look at how this can improve fertility and reproductive health. Importantly covering specific techniques to improve symptoms of common reproductive problems. The focus is on potent and effective lifestyle interventions that are relevant to you.
I hope to see you there.